Thursday, October 3, 2013

Buyer Beware! No, Really!!!

This story was relayed to me by a reader recently:


Recce Rifleman, 

I see you have some stories on here about seriously crazy people. Maybe some are just crazy actions, but still. Figured you'd like this one. My brother was a missionary to France for a while. When his visa was about to expire, a good ministerial job offer came up here, stateside. It was too good to pass up, so he and his family moved back. 

Well, they had things in their apartment back over there. My brother went back to pack up the things they wanted and sell the rest. Among the things he was getting rid of at the yard sale was a used printer. He put a price on it of 10 Euros (~$15). A prospective buyer was eyeing it up, and she had a few questions for my brother:

Buyer: This printer, does it work?

Brother: Yes. It needs an ink cartridge, but it works. 

Buyer: Oh. I need one with an ink cartridge.

Brother: Sorry. It is out. And a new cartridge would cost me more than the 10 €. 

Buyer: OK. One question, if I buy it and it doesn't work, can I return it to you for a refund?

Brother. No, sorry. I'm getting on a plane tomorrow and there would be no way to get it to me in time. Besides, it is used, hence the low price. 

Buyer: I see. One last question. I work at Charles De Gaulle Airport. If I buy it, can you deliver it to me when you come tomorrow to fly out?

Brother: Ma'am, there would be no way. I'll have my hands full with my own belongings. 

Buyer: OK, I'll take it then. 




Cue my "WTF" face.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.