Monday, October 7, 2013

Say what???

I teach martial arts - jiu-jitsu, to be specific - in my spare time. This leads to some funny situations. Here is one that is an all-time classic in my dojo:

One student, who was more than a bit "talkative," had a gem for me one night. Let me give you an idea about this little boy: he was as sweet as you could ever hope for. However, the boy had no filter: if it came into his mind, it was spoken immediately.

At one point, we moved the classes out of my garage and into a nearby church. Some time later...

We are practicing a move one night, and he says:
"Hey, Sensei, we don't do krotty in the gwage anymore."
("karate" in the "garage")


1. I never taught karate. I teach jiu-jitsu. No... it's not the same.
2. I think I'd be familiar with that fact, as I was the one who initiated the move.

Several of us in the adult class had more than one belly-laugh over that one.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.