Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Need What?

When I was 17, a cousin who lived a few hours away lost his job. My dad was kind enough to offer him to stay at our place along with his two little kids while he got back on his feet. It was just a couple of weeks before my cousin found more work.

At the end of his first week on the new job, he came to my dad to make a request:

"Pops, just finished my first week. I don't get paid until next week. I was wondering if I could borrow $10 to buy the kids some food until then? I just don't have a single dollar left."

My dad gladly obliged.

Later that evening, I was in the car with my dad when we drove by a Little Ceasar's Pizza... and I saw my cousin in there with his kids. On the door was a banner, advertising a $10 pizza special. I pointed these things out to Pops, as well as the fact that this restaurant was between my cousin's new job and our house.

My cousin had seen the pizza special on his way home, and conned my dad out of $10 to take his kids there and take advantage of it.

He didn't stay at our house much longer.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.