Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Prepping Considerations 2

 A recent conversation with a reader of this blog gave rise to the need to update some information. Clearly, guns and shooting are a major source of enjoyment for me and have been for many years. Often, those who shoot find themselves in prepper communities, and I am no different. At this point, I have taken dozens of firearms classes, and taught over 100 live fire classes. So this week, posts will center around my suggestions for guns and equipment for SHTF. 

Day 2 - Pistols
"All guns should be GLOCKS. All GLOCKS should be 9mm. And all 9mm GLOCKs should be CLOCK 19's." 
- James Yeager. 

A number of quality gun manufacturers make "GLOCK 19" style guns. You would do well to own and carry any of the following "GLOCK 19 Style" pistols:
  • S&W M&P 2.0C (This is what I carry)
  • Sig P320
  • Canik TP9SF
  • GLOCK 19 or similar
My goal is a minimum of 6 mags because that gives me the requisite 5 mags for most training classes and one mag for my self defense ammo. 

Take a class with YOUR carry gun. 

Shoot a few boxes of YOUR self defense ammo through YOUR carry gun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.