Thursday, July 10, 2014

Real Basic Training

From a reader:



Usagi,
OK, lay it on me. Real quick, what you’d do if you had no gun and no skills and had to build up immediately to be ready for SHTF. Pretend cost is 50/50 an issue. Bring me up to speed really simple.I prefer a 16" barrel - all else can be "made to order."


RIFLE
  • AR15
  • Get the barrel contour you want. I'd get medium or heavy profile, but M4 is OK.
  • 10 mags. PMAGs.
  • Simple sling.
  • Samson free float rail - 12.37"
  • Red dot (Primary Arms Micro until you can afford $500 for an aimpoint) & BUIS
PISTOL
  • Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm. 
  • 4 extra mags 
OPTIC / SIGHTS
  • Primary Arms Micro dot
  • Simple flip up BUIS
 MARKSMANSHIP
  • Get your marksmanship to a point where you can hit a 400-yard scaled target (5" at 100 yards).
  • Try to get out to 400 yards to practice. Remember: "chest - head - hat."
TRAINING
  • Clearing rooms
  • Taking corners
  • Administrative reloads
  • Malfunction clearance 
  • Cover vs. concealment



2 comments:

  1. Good advice. I did the same, except the optic I got was an EoTech. Is that still ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice. I did the same, except the optic I got was an EoTech. Is that still ok?

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.