Monday, September 30, 2013

All That Matters

I attended a martial arts seminar a while back. It was fun and informative. I've decided to put into words some of my experiences and resulting thoughts and feelings on things learned there.

One concept I am a fan of, that was reinforced at this seminar, was the importance of learning new techniques, regardless of the usefulness of said techniques.

WHAT???

You heard me - it is good to learn new techniques, even if those techniques don't really work.

But WHY?

Because you are learning how to move your body in new ways. And that, in the end, is all that really matters. You can discard the technique from your fighting repertoire.  But a warrior should take every opportunity to master himself.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.