Monday, December 10, 2012

Don't do business here!

BancorpSouth is acting like it is a bank. Fact is, they are simply clueless.

I recently had to sever all ties with them. Previously, I had a checking account there, as well as a credit card I used for business expenses. Bancorp South forced my hand, and I was compelled to close my checking account with them earlier this year. Since then, I had discontinued using their credit card, as well.

However, unbeknownst to me, a couple of charges had slipped over the cutoff date from October to the November statement. That wouldn't have been a problem except:

THE IDIOTS AT BANCORP SOUTH NEVER SENT THE NOVEMBER STATEMENT!

Therefore, I was forced to fire them.

Why I terminated my relationships with BancorpSouth:
 
1)      For theft by way of complicity on the part of BancorpSouth
Namely:  complete failure to shut off a check card based on issues stemming from fraudulent charges in August and September of 2012, despite being so ordered by the customer.
2)      For gross negligence on the part of BancorpSouth.
Namely: failure to send out a November statement, resulting in the single and sole instance in Usagi’s life of failure to pay any debt in a timely manner.
3)      For dereliction of duty on the part of BancorpSouth.
Namely: refusing to offer simple online banking information on credit card accounts, as is standard protocol with all other major credit card issuers.
4)      For operating in a manner which fosters no confidence in BancorpSouth.
Namely: inability of the bank to perform ordinary banking duties without extreme intervention on behalf of the customers (namely: the shutting off of a card, actually sending a bill to the customer, and offering no alternate mean of checking balances owed). 


.

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do believe that you should write more
    about this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but usually folks don't speak about these subjects. They hold it in or only tell their friends when banks screw up.
    Kind regards!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.