Monday, October 29, 2012

Awesome Fun!

OK, I have given a brief review of Lake Winnepesaukah before. Here it is. This year, on their Facebook page, I noticed they were open in October - something they had never done when I was a child. The owners and management redecorate for the Halloween season and "rename" it:

Lake WinnepeSPOOKah

My son decided he wanted to go there for his birthday. Incidentally, his birthday is today (Oct. 29), but since the last day it would be open was last Saturday, October 27, that day would just have to do. And it did!

First, they change the park hours to 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm. We had the kids take a nap, and dressed warmly with the weather in the low 50's and breezy.

I ordered tickets online - they were $20 each. Show me another amusement park where a family of four can get in for under $100.

They encouraged customers to dress up in Halloween costumes. We didn't, but about 1/3 of the attendees did. Almost all of the employees did, too.

A few rides were changed, to be "spooky." All were fun. The more intensely scary rides were appropriately labeled so one would not have to frighten small children.

Riding the rides in the dark was fantastic. When I was young, they used to stay open until midnight some nights, and my brother and friends and I would stay until after dark. Some of the rides - especially the Cannonball roller coaster - are far better in the dark.

The train ride was redesigned and had a haunted house. It was fantastic!

All in all, the kids had a blast, and the adults did, too. We are definitely returning next year. Oh, did I mention that the park plans to open a water park in the spring?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.