Monday, June 18, 2012

Games 6/18/2012

Last week, I was unable to play as I was out of town on business. However, the team forfeited both games as only 5 men showed up. This set us at 9-9 on the year.






This week, we played the other team from our church. We beat this team twice in the first week, and they have had a tough season. We won the first game going away: 13-3. The second game provided some dramatics, though!

First, our regular pitcher had to leave as his son became ill mid-game. My buddy, John was called in to catch, I was moved to right field, and we shuffled an outfielder to the infield as the shortstop to pitcher. 

In the last inning, we were down two runs (we were "home" team). I came up to bat with runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs. We were down only 1 run by then. I hit the ball past the shortstop to tie the game. My good friend, John, lined a screamer to the outfield; which should have been the game-winner: but it was caught on a diving play by one of their better fielders. Still, the game was tied.

We put them away and scored quickly to win our final game. Final score: 9-8.
I was 3-6 with 2 RBI, no runs scored, and 2 put-outs. 

Final record: 11-9

BA: (27+3)/(38+6) = 30/44 = 0.681
RBI: 13
Runs scored: 9
Put outs as catcher: 5 (in only 15 games as catcher)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.