Thursday, June 14, 2012

Don't be like that

I enjoy using this blog to shine light on weird stuff people do.

It used to be called "common courtesy." But it is not common any more, so I hesitate to use that term. Same thing with "common sense."

Recently, I was in the great state of Wisconsin, on a business trip. It was a national meeting, and there were representatives from over 40 states present. We were grouped together based on flight arrival times to carpool in the taxis from the airport to the hotel.

As I landed, I texted the other three members of my group, advising them that I'd landed, and telling them where I was waiting. I asked them to contact me when they gathered. I got a single reply from one person, saying he had just landed and would be over shortly.

Note: I have never personally met any of these people at this time. None of us would know what the others look like.

I get a text over 30 minutes later, from the same guy, saying they were in a taxi, headed to the hotel. I get my own taxi, a bit peeved that they didn't even call me.

At the hotel check-in, one lady in the group introduces herself to me. I realize she is one of the three who left me at the airport without so much as a text or phone call.

Coworker: "Hi, I am [name withheld]."

Usagi: "Oh, hi. I'm Usagi - the guy you left at the airport!"

Coworker: "We called out for you here and there, but couldn't find you."

Usagi: "Thank you so much for picking up the phone and letting me know... afterwards!"


Ummm... yeah. Don't bring that weak sauce.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.