Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let's see how this goes

So last night, I purchased a Marlin 60.

I had one, then the Mrs. shot it. Now she has one.
Fixed hers up just like she likes - scope, trigger job, bipod.

So I got one - was going to throw Tech-Sights on it.
When I took it down to clean it initially, I found some problems:
- The tube is out of spec.
- The tube follower is out of spec (took me and the Mrs. pulling as hard as we could to pull the follower out of the tube).
- The bolt is out of spec.
- The last-shot-hold-open is out of spec.
- The feedthroat is out of spec.

I am going to ask for a completely new rifle. Will provide updates on how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.