Thursday, October 7, 2010

Not really wacky - just an odd combination of events...

I was recruited by Enterprise Rent-A-Car out of college. I interviewed with them about a month after graduation, but did not hear back from them.

I thought I lacked relevant experience, so I discovered what they wanted - often good retail or sales or rental experience - and I got jobs with companies that provided that experience.

A year later, I interviewed with them, and was hired. I thought it was because of my experience. I was wrong. At this point, I did think it was strange that there was a different recruiter working there this time. But, they said people got promoted all the time, and the previous one had been promoted almost a year ago, so it was no big deal.

About a year later, I was taking Enterprise's Management Qualification Interview ("MQI"). The recruiter who had hired me had just been promoted. A new one was taking her place, and going through old boxes.

One of the boxes had resume's from two years prior. She holds one up and says, "I wonder if we should hire him?"

It was my resume.

Evidently, the first recruiter had spoken with me, then been promoted. The next recruiter never really worked the "old" files.

C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.