Friday, September 17, 2010

Tying things together.

Last year, I wrote a bit about an organization called "Guns and Alcohol Don't Mix." This group was adamantly opposed to Tennessee coming into the mainstream and allowing HCP holders to carry in restaurants.

That group never picked up steam, and it fizzled after an activist judge ruled our law unconstitutional.

Well, they are back. Now, they call themselves "Gun Free Dining Tennessee." Of course, the new group alleges it just started up, and has no ties to the old one. But it's all the same - same people, same lawyer, same web host, same looking website.

One bit of good from all this: you can use their website to see which restaurants do not stand for your 2A rights. This can help prevent wasting gas by driving to a restaurant that clearly does not want your business! Even though some of the restaurants that claim to post, don't actually post. 

I wondered aloud to a friend why they chose "Gun Free Dining Tennessee" as a name. My friend astutely pointed out that the best name was already taken - "Please Come Rob My Restaurant."

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I
    guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly
    enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger
    but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any suggestions for
    novice blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty grеat post. Ӏ simply stumbled upon youг weblog ɑnd wished tо ѕay that I hаvе truly loved surfing аround үour blog posts.

    Αfter all I'll Ьe subscribing on your feed and Ι
    am hoping you ᴡrite once more sоon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.