Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gubernatorial Race, Round 3

Tonight, I received these responses to my previous questions from candidate Samuel David Duck:

"
1. You mention your support for the 2nd Amendment. Do you own a gun? If so, what is your favorite gun? Why?
I don't believe a citizen should have to obtain a license or pay a fee for a right that is protected by the Constitution. For that reason, I would not inform the government if I possessed fire arms. Both government and non-government officials can read a public blog, thus I'd rather not say.

2. Describe your plans for a potential state income tax. Also, the state sales tax.
Oh, that's a complex one. If things stand as they are, I not only oppose any more state income taxes, but I'd eventually try to abolish the Hall income tax and the state estate tax, both of which are income taxes of sorts. I don't know if you were aware Tennessee already has an income tax. Now, that said, one of the things I want to at least try to pull off, is run federal tax dollars through an escrow account. Preferably, I'd separate federal tax dollars from state tax dollars. I'd favor a flat tax (not a fair tax), which under this system would be a state run income tax of sorts. For a better explanation, I have a nearly 50 minute video that explains my approach to taxes. I think you should watch it. As of this email, it's the third video on this page. http://duck4gov.com/videos.html I'm not the most exciting person to listen to, but if you are worried about taxes, you may well like this video. Now, if you are trying to gauge my taxing and spending philosophy, I'm opposed to things such as social security, medicare, unemployment, tenncare, etc. This is a long read, but it's about Davy Crocket. http://bluecollarrepublican.com/blog/?p=663 Philosophically, that's where I stand. I don't think I can move us that far back to where we started, but that's where I'll push. 3B on my expanded stand echoes this. http://duck4gov.com/platform.html

3. There seem to be a couple of constitutionally sound independents on the ticket. Why vote for you?
I think I'm one of two that are fairly viable independents. Brandon Dodds is the other one. I don't operate like the partisans. I do encourage you to check out his campaign as well. I think I pretty well answer this question toward the bottom of my brochure. http://duck4gov.com/duck4gov_brochure.pdf If this is an unsatisfying answer, let me know. I also have continued to work with several of the independents over the course of months. A couple of them may find a spot in my cabinet. They each have their own particular skills. That's another point. I haven't encountered much mud slinging among the independents. We are all, simply conducting ourselves differently than other candidates. I think my particular strength is a keen understanding about the true nature of our currency, global leaders, the mechanisms and motivations they use against nations, and Bible prophecy, as well as the link between all of these. I can answer to some of my perceived strengths of the other candidates if you will. I like to evaluate them that way, rather than speak of weaknesses.

May God bless you,
Samuel David Duck"

Great responses. Thank you, Mr. Duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.