Monday, February 2, 2015

More Slime Balls

A few days ago, I published an article from a reader. It discussed a situation in which the reader had earned all this new business for this company, then was fired. The owner of the company had hoped to continue to get business referrals from these sources, but not have to pay the person who had opened the doors to these referral sources.

In our email correspondence, I just had to ask the reader about the conversation upon the unjust termination of his employment. The response was fascinating, to say the least. Some of the snippets:


Employee: Did you stop to think that all I have to do is make a phone call and these referral sources shut off? Just like that.

Boss: But they are my lead sources.

Employee: Ah, but they are my business associates and friends. They have no loyalty to you, especially after your shenanigans.


-----


Employee: I learned several months ago that you were taking my leads. That's OK, but don't pretend like they didn't come in.

Boss: If you felt that you were being short changed, I would hope that we would have had a strong enough working relationship that you could come to me and have a discussion about it.

Employee: How exactly do you tell your boss "hey, you're a lying jerk con-artist" in such a way as to keep your job?


-----



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.