Thursday, January 15, 2015

Slime Balls

From a reader:

I work in a high-dollar, competitive industry; factoring (def. - "to sell one's receivables."). I took a job one time with xxx and had the following situation happen...

I came in with a fairly unique source for new business leads. The company liked my idea and off I went to cultivate referral sources. Before long, leads were coming in. However, my employer was not crediting them to me. Instead, the owner (it was a small company) was trying to make it sound like I'd sold nothing!

I was shocked and felt hurt and betrayed. I'd left a very nice six-figure job to work for them, on the hopes that after a short while, my commissions at this new place would far exceed my previous earnings. I'd done the math and everything.

Well, had they actually given me credit for the business I'd driven through the doors, I'd have exceeded my prior earning level in less than 9 months. But they chose the slime-ball way out. This owner decided to undercut me, take the leads, and try to get rid of me after he secured these new sources of revenue.

But I had the last laugh... my referral sources were very loyal. I told them what happened, and showed them proof. That very day, they stopped sending leads to that factoring company.

Blog author's note:
Published this at the request of a reader because I, too have worked in factoring. Its a good business. It has its "slime-balls," like any other.
Also, my wife once worked for a tutoring company, the owner of which did very much the same to his employees.

The reader who submitted this story wishes to remain anonymous, and keep the name of that company anonymous, too. He pointed out that the company had changed names three times within two years at the time he submitted this story. The blog author has documents that leave no doubt as to the veracity of the claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.