Sunday, September 22, 2013

You Want What???

I almost never make same-day posts any more. Usually, I have somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks of material pre-planned and set to come out, and add stuff here and there for the following week if it is of importance.

This one was too good!
Immediate-post material.

I am in my living room, watching football this afternoon (less than an hour prior to this post). I get a call:



Caller: Yes, I'm looking to purchase a taekwondo uniform. The internet said you sell those?

Me: Sure. A taekwondo uniform, you said?

Caller: Yes. Do you keep those in stock?

Me: I'm sorry, I do not keep any uniforms in stock, much less taekwondo uniforms since I don't teach taekwondo. That said, I'd be glad to order one for you. Is this for you or someone else?

Caller: It's for my son.

Me: OK. Does he take taekwondo already?

Caller: Yes. He takes taekwondo in Watertown, TN. He has outgrown his old uniform.

Me: Does his instructor not sell uniforms?

Caller: The instructor sells them, but my bank card is expired.

Me: I see. Could you not simply pay him cash and then he could order you a new uniform?

Caller: Well, that's the other problem. My account is overdrawn right now.

Me: And how were you going to pay me?

Caller: Well, I was hoping you would order the uniform, and then when it arrives, I might be able to pay you.

Me: Sorry, that won't work. Like other businesses, I require payment for goods and services. 

Caller: Do you know any shops in Lebanon, TN or nearby that have them for sale?

Me: None that would have them in stock. And none that would give them away for free.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.