Monday, September 9, 2013

How You Look At It

My wife recently took a position at a preschool. On the meet and greet day with the parents, she was quizzed by a concerned parent. The parent had just overheard how my wife was new to the preschool. Of course, this tidbit of information did not tell the parent the whole story. The resultant conversation was quite funny:

Parent: "And how many children are in your class?"

Mrs. U: "Nine."

Parent: (incredulous) "NINE?!?!?!?! How on Earth do you plan to take care of all these children?"

Mrs. U: "It shouldn't be hard..."

Parent: "Shouldn't be hard?!?!?! My son's class last year had only six children. So I ask again: how do you plan to deal with nine children at one time?!?!?!"

Mrs. U: "I have several years' experience as a classroom teacher in the public schools. There we had up to 35 children per teacher. I also have several years' experience as a director for a [large, well-known tutoring firm], which had as many as 135 children being tutored at a time. I also ran a daycare that had three times as many children as this whole preschool. I think nine children will be easy to deal with in comparison."

Parent: "Oh..." (walks away, evidently satisfied with that answer)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.