Friday, July 12, 2013

When did you graduate?

From the hearing...


Attorney: "[Dependopotamus], you say you got your GED? When?"

Dependopotamus: "I received my GED in June of 2013."



*** a few moments later ***


Atty: "And you say on your division of assets sheet that you wish to keep the viola because it was a gift?"

Dependopotamus: "Yes, I received the viola as a gift from my grandma for my high school graduation in 1992."

Atty: "Wait! You graduated high school in 1992... but you have claimed to the court over the past 16 months that you have never graduated high school?"

Dependopotamus: "Well, I was home-schooled..."

Atty: "So you graduated high school from home-school?"

Dependopotamus: "I never got a diploma. Well, my dad printed one off the computer. But..."

Atty: "So why would you need to get a GED?"

Dependopotamus: "I never graduated."

Atty: "Then why did you get a graduation gift?!?!?!"

Dependopotamus: "Well, uh... I, uh..."



.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that went over like a ton of lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emily, for reading and commenting!

    You shoulda seen it! Dependopotamus was cross examined for about two hours. The number of lies revealed was astounding. Almost nothing she testified to under direct examination was truth.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.