Monday, February 19, 2024

Well, If You Don't Know

From the archives, here is a funny conversation that I was part of some years ago whilst job hunting. 


<<phone rings>>

Recruiter: "Hi. I am calling about the job you applied to."

Me: "Good morning. I have applied to several positions. Which one are you referencing?"

Recruiter: "Well, if you are applying to multiple positions, then that shows a lack of commitment, and our company really doesn't like that."

Me: "Well, if you don't know who you work for, nor what job you have available, I most certainly do not want to work there. That's a major red flag."

Recruiter: <<radio silence>>

Me: "Have a great day!"  <<hangs up>>



The rare jobs like this, that do not tell you the position, remind me of the little girl in 3rd grade that proudly exclaims, as if it were some sort of flex, "well, if you don't know, then I am not going to tell you." And, just like that little girl, it means they don't know, themselves, but somehow expect you to know - which is just asinine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.