Friday, December 3, 2021

The Critic

 From a reader: "How do you not let all the criticism get to you?"





First, it is important to point out, for every critic, I have 10 people say they appreciate what I am doing. Furthermore, I get a LOT of repeat business. That speaks volumes. 

Second, it is important to understand that they are only haters because they aren't doing as well and because they are jealous. Remember: haters are just confused followers. 

Never once have I looked at a firearms school that was not doing as well as I am and thought and said: "YoU'rE dOiNg It WrOnG!!!" To be fair, I've not looked at firearms schools doing better than I am and thought the same, either. 

On more than one occasion, I have thought "how can I adopt that and put it into my school?"
And that's why I'm doing better than many, and offering a high quality product. 
And that's why I am more content. 

2 comments:

  1. Even the Instructor must learn. The students will teach the teacher how to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve carried for years. My first permission slip was Ohio. I retired and moved to Tennessee and took my mandatory ticket class. The instructor was a moron. He was starting the segment on the various types of handguns, single action, revolver etc.

    He laid out ten pistols on a table in front of the class and every one of them was pointed directly at me. In holsters. I interrupted him, stated that I didn’t appreciate that he had pistols pointed at my face and would he please point them all away from the room.

    His response: So you’re one of those types.

    I pulled my.45 out of the holster, laid it on the table pointed directly at him. I said “I know mine is loaded, cocked and the safety is on. I don’t know what state those pistols are in.”

    He turned white as a sheet, moved the pistols in short order, sat down, signed my paperwork and asked me to leave. I got my permission slip in the mail in two weeks.

    Now we have Constitutional Carry.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.