Thursday, August 13, 2020

Similar Situation

This meme was shared on social media, and it reminded me about something from childhood.


For the record, one platform of social media has a whole section dedicated to "insane parents." My mom had all of them beat.  That will be important to know here. 

When this happened, I was about 12. We were gathered around, all looking at something (I forgot what). My mom shifted position, I was bumped, and I fell backwards. I landed on the edge of a milk crate that was being used to hold homeschool books. 

The crate looked like this:





When I landed on it, I yelled out in pain.  My mom fussed at me for being so "dramatic." I ran around a bit in a haze of pain, clenching my injured left buttock with my hand.  When I pulled my hand away, there was blood. A fair amount of blood.

I showed my mom, and she examined the wound and called my dad to come home to take me to the hospital. 

Side note: my dad's place of employment was very close to the hospital in downtown Chattanooga. He had to drive all of the way home, just to get me and drive all of the way back to the hospital.  Why she couldn't take me, I still do not know. 

I eventually got to the hospital and received a number of stitches to close the wound.  I healed just fine, thankfully. This event was what the meme reminded me of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.