Thursday, February 27, 2020

Bad Moms 3

We had been living in the Nashville area for a while. Eventually, we let my mom come over. This started the "fun."

A couple of years after she bought her house in Gallatin, she had some misfortune. Her AC unit went out. My dad, my brother, and I all received the same email, titled: "RETAIN AN ATTORNEY!" She accused one of us of sabotaging her AC unit. For years afterwards, she would refer to the time that "your daddy destroyed my air-conditioner." The funny thing was he'd had outpatient surgery on the day she accused him of sabotage.

Not long after that, perhaps six months or so, she sent an email asking to "trade houses." I would pay the mortgage on the Mount Juliet House, but live in the Gallatin House. She would pay the mortgage on the Gallatin House, but live in my Mount Juliet House. Naturally, I declined.

Some time later - perhaps a year or so - more "fun" happened. I was out of town at work. My wife calls me in a panic. My mom had come over and asked for me. My then-3-year-old son had just opened the door to her (my wife would not have) - and any normal child should feel free to open the door to a grandparent. And we hadn't taught my son different... there hadn't been a reason in quite some time.

She asked for me. I was out of town, and would be for a couple more days. She said that was OK, she would wait!!! After a while, my wife needed to run an errand, so my mom went and waited in her car in the driveway. My wife stayed away with the two kids '(my daughter a baby at the time) and called me in the panic to explain what happened.

I called my mom and tried to reason with her. That did not work. I then called the Mount Juliet police and convinced them to go by and ask her to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.