Friday, January 24, 2020

Cite Sources

On this blog, and on social media, I occasionally make a statement to which some gamma will inevitably ask me to cite my sources. I have long since given up on falling victim to the Trap. In fact, for the past three or four years, if I even give a reply (which is rare) I will say, "if you are suggesting to the contrary then you will need to cite your sources."

And, yes, it is my firm opinion that only gammas demand someone to cite their sources.

Vox Day  writes about his experience, and also that of Mike Cernovich on Twitter. This quote was perfect -
Only gammas assume that a lack of citation is equivalent to an absence of sourcing. This is because they project their own tendency to simply invent "facts" out of thin air.

So, if you write in to demand I cite sources, then you may rest assured your comment never gets published. 


2 comments:

  1. I like this idea. It seems that I have run into this on more than one occasion. I have a firm grip on my facts, but the idiot that I am debating then says, prove it. And so like the idiot, I spend 10 minutes finding and publishing them to the person. I will now follow your example, telling the idiot to cite their own sources if they disagree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good alternative is "I am not your Google, Skippy."

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.