Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Older Is Not Better

"Can I bring my .303 SMLE or are only plastic space guns allowed?"
- #StupidBoomer commenting on a tactical rifle video. 


Folks, there is this myth out there that just will not die. The myth is that older guns are more reliable than newer guns. Specifically, that bolt action milsurp rifles are more reliable than modern AR platform rifles. Also, specifically, that revolvers are more reliable the modern semi automatic handguns.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

I've had folks try to shoot their old bolt-action milsurp rifles in my classes. They had to switch out before midday in every instance. The old rifles just couldn't stand up to the "abuse" of a 100-round day.

When I teach a pistol class, if I see someone with a revolver, I know where I'm going to have to spend most of my day helping. They just cannot keep up with the Glocks, Etc. James Yeager  recently devoted a series of videos to this very topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.