Friday, August 30, 2019

Car Rental Reservations

The holiday weekend is upon us. My thoughts and prayers are with the folks it major car rental chains who are dealing with customers who did not plan ahead for this weekend.

The Facebook page, Things I Learned at Enterprise  has some hilarious posts up. That is to say, if you were once and Rental, you can see the irony and the hilarity of it. I'm sure the humor might be lost on the others.

Every major car rental chain will over book reservations, simply because so many people do not show for their reservation. People would often ask: "what's the point of making a reservation if youre not gonna have my car?"  Here are a few statements that people use, or used to use, when someone had a reservation, but there was no vehicle to fill said reservation:

"It’s a reservation, not a confirmation... I’ll call you to confirm."

"Just let me go to the back and use my wizard powers to conjure up a vehicle for you, one sec."

"Reservation locks in the rate, not the vehicle."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.