Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Trump Tax Cuts

The Failing New York Times (I love Trump's nicknames) is forced to begrudgingly admit that you  "probably got a tax cut." (warning, this is a link to a site known to publish #FakeNews)

Of course we did. 
Trump always tells us the truth.
#FakeNews always lies to us. 

On a personal note:
The wife and I did not change our withholdings. I made approximately $6,000 more in 2018 than in 2017. For 2017 taxes, I received about $200 in change (it is NOT a refund).

Taxes withheld from my pay in 2018 were about $550 more than was withheld in 2017. With identical withholdings, I received about $2200 in change for 2018, despite the increase in income. 

For the mathematically impaired,  that was a tax cut of roughly $1450 for my household. 

We are firmly middle class - making roughly 150% of the median income of Tennessee, and about 130% of the median income of the US.

Also of note - my 401k has nearly quadrupled since Trump was elected. 



Trump 2020
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain
#KeepAmericaGreat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.