Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Messing With Pay

Recently, Facebook suggested a friend for The Rifleman. As it turned out, this person passed away several years ago. Even if she had been alive, The Rifleman would not have sent a friend request.

Why?

This person was the Rifleman's second manager with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. She was promoted to that position after my previous manager was promoted to a larger location.

A couple of weeks after she had been the boss, my paycheck came in, and was unusually low. I checked my hours on the system, and they did not come close to reflecting the actual hours which I had worked. Something along the lines of coming in at 9 am, taking a three-hour lunch, and leaving at 4 pm. I was there from 7 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. everyday, usually without a lunch break.

The new boss had been changing my hours when approving.

We had to have our hours reported by a certain day every week. So I made sure to check at the end of that day, just before closing, and sure enough, she had changed my hours again. I quickly changed the back to the correct hours, and left it. I repeated the process the following week, and the subsequent paycheck was much more accurate.

This game went on for about six weeks, when she brought it to my attention. She asked directly if I have been changing hours after she had approved them. I answer to the affirmative, and let her know I was on to her shortchanging me the hours every time.

She actually told me to stop changing my hours after she approved them. I suggested that that would happen, just as soon as she stopped misrepresenting my hours. I added that perhaps a call to HR would be in order, if she felt the need to straighten it out. She advised that no such call was needed.

Just concluded my adventures with the hour Thief.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.