Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Reload Ammo Review

Someone I used to call a freind...
Why I no longer consider him a friend is beyond the scope of this blog post.  Suffice it to say he stole large sums of money from mutual friends.

I used to give him brass from when I went shooting.  Thousands of pieces of brass.  In exchange, he would hand load it.  And he would give me some of the hand loads from time to time.  

His 55-gr .223 hand loads were better than most factory loads.  I'd get 2.5 MOA from them.  

However, his pistol loads were not.   He had given me 200 rounds of 9mm FMJ and another 200 rounds of 9mm hollow point.  From 5 yards, groups were fired.  

The first group was with the FMJ. A 10-round group was fired that measured 8". Surprised at the lack of accuracy, I fired another 10-round group from a rest - as the first group was offhand.   The group did not tighten up!

The hollow point ammunition grouped much better - under 3" offhand and rested. I may use some of that for upcoming classes that I will be teaching.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.