Thursday, August 16, 2018

Applying For A Job

Posted by a friend on Social Media who owns a company:

A few BASIC tips for people trying to get a job with one of my companies (or I'm sure just about any company for that matter)

1. Bring your own pen to fill out an application. It shows me you are prepared.

2. Please call & bug me, even if you leave a message it shows that you're persistent. Some of my best managers & staff members bugged the heck out of us until they got an interview.

3. Change your ring back tone to a regular ring. Believe me, hearing "Back dat azz up" or "Because I Got High" in my ear when I call doesn't exactly scream professionalism nor ready to be called back by a professional about a job position.

4. Even if a company says they're not hiring when you ask, they are required to accept your application so still fill one out regardless.

5. Fill out your application completely. Filling it out 1/2 effort reflects your job.

6. Even if there's not space for it, write down your availability & make it reasonable.

7. Set up voicemail on your phone so if you screen your calls I can leave a message.

8. Don't bring a friend with you to fill out a job application. That shows you're not independent.

9. Men, pull your pants up.

10. Once called into an interview, don't tell me about your baby daddy problems, upcoming court dates, how many kids you have, your religion, etc etc. because I will not ask.

11. Check your privacy settings on Facebook & Google your name, usernames, & email addresses to see what pops up on the web. Yes, I will check all your social networks, especially your pictures. It's a free way to do a background check these days.

12. BE HONEST. If you were terminated from a job, don't lie about it, leave it off your app, or blame it on past employer. Instead, tell me what you learned from the experience, we've ALL made mistakes.

13. Don't bring your phone into the interview or at least be sure it is out of sight & on silent

14. Stop calling yourself a "people person." You gotta be more creative than that.

15. Have a professional email address. Nobody wants to hire: badchick69@ymail.com

16. Finally, never use the D word (drama). Only people who are full of it in their lives & start it actually use that term to describe people or events. Your life isn't a play & you're not an actor, this is real life.

Sincerely,

Captain Obvious


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.