Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Red Pill Philosophy

Recently, The Rifleman was asked why the red pill?

Philosophy
Every man should pursue philosophy. There is no reason to pursue anything, unless first you know why. Why is it important? The answer to philosophical questions will form the basis of what you pursue and why. Nothing in life should be done without a reason. Philosophy is the pathway to that reason.

Taking the red pill, as a philosophy, means that one looks at life and the world as it is. Certainly, there is room for changing the world to be what you would like it to be. But in the end, acknowledgement of the red pill means observing things as they are, and accepting them as being that way.

Formative years
In my teen years, I became almost painfully aware of facts versus how the world had been portrayed to me. I was brought up in a strongly Christian household - albeit somewhat tainted by my mother's quasi-shamanistic outlook, as is common in charismatic circles.

My father was notoriously pragmatic about his outlook on life. He is and was from the old School - he saw things for what they were; and this included red pill positions on Race, gender, and what we now know as socio-sexual hierarchy archetypes. As a Young Man, I would occasionally not want to believe (due to opinions formed from watching TV or listening to my mother) some of these "stereotypes," but they all eventually panned out to be 100% correct.

My mother's philosophy was distinctly a dichotomy. On one hand, she was very strongly Christian (with the above noted exception). On the other hand, she had a strong propensity to spout beliefs that we now know as first and second wave feminism. This led to many clashes between us from my late teens, forward.

In my mid-teens, I took careful note that my mother was happy to give me advice on dating. The problem was, every time I did what she said, I never landed a date. However, when I would do the exact opposite, I was able to land dates repeatedly and reliably. In fact, I was able to land dates with girls whom my mother would have said were "out of my league." Being as I valued results, I stuck with what I observed that had worked.

Laughably, my last full conversation with my mother before she passed away was one of these clashes. She literally stated that I did not have my life together, and I should have been more like my cousin. In reply, I pointed out the circumstances of myself compared to my cousin. I had a family, wife, children, my own house, my own cars, and worked a job at which I was excelling, and making good money. My cousin was nearing 30, had never been married, and was known to be very promiscuous. She had held seven jobs in the past two years, and never had a job making over $10 per hour. Yes, my mother thought that this was a person who had her life together.

My children
When I became aware of the online red pill community a few years ago during my brother's divorce, it was quite the revelation. There had always been that nagging voice in the back of my mind that my mother's complaints had somehow been true, I just wasn't seeing it for some strange reason. Perhaps I was somehow bad for doing things that got results. Perhaps I was somehow wrong for viewing people as they were.

The red pill philosophy wasn't so much an explanation that made sense to me, as much as it was permission for me to continue to do the things that garnered results. It was a philosophy that matched my own personal philosophy 100%. But it was more than that... it was the acceptance of reality comma with zero apology, and full acceptance without reservation.

And this is important because of my children. My children shall be taught this philosophy. They shall be taught the importance of philosophy. And they will have a father who will point out the facts and life, as well as personal opinions, with full clarity as to which one is factual and which one is opinion.

My father tried to teach me many of these things so many years ago. I learned as much as I could, but I should have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.