Wednesday, May 23, 2018

When To Find A New Job

From a reader:

I remember a job I had:

My ex wife (before she was my ex) went into labor early.  So I had to call out.

BOSS:  why did you call out?

ME:  my son was busy being born.  He came early.

BOSS:  how does this involve you?

ME:  well, my son was being born.

BOSS:  so you weren’t the one being born.

ME:  no.

BOSS:  and you weren’t the one giving birth.

ME:  well, no, but......

BOSS:  so, you could have come to work if you had wanted to.
There is no reason you count have come to work.

ME:  the birth of my son is the reason.

BOSS:  that’s not a reason.

ME:  it is a reason.  You just don’t like the reason.

BOSS:  ok smart guy.  Writing you up for unauthorized absence.  Writing you up for insubordination.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.