Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Surviving Attacks

Sometimes, when you are successful at something, it is because of hard work and dedication. Sometimes, you're "a natural." Many times "the natural" may not even fully understand why they are successful. Many times, "the natural" may not be the best instructor of a topic because they lack the awareness of what makes things work within their specialty. 

Resiliency is something that I've been told I have by a great many people.  But ideally never understood why. I have a goal, I keep moving toward that goal, regardless of obstacles.  That's easy to say, but many people simply don't understand how I do that.  And really, I don't, either.  It's just a mindset.  I will myself to success.

Recently, I was listening to a podcast on YouTube by "RooshV." And he explained it in a section about being resilient and "anti-fragile." Roosh lists the steps:
1. Get attacked.
2. Survive the attack.
3. Measure how much you were harmed.
4. Make adjustments/improvements to sustain less harm next time. 

Also and alternately - pattern yourself after a strong person.

Boy, oh boy, did he hit the nail on the head. I've never been afraid of conflict. I've been attacked countless times.  I don't go around fearing attack. Many smaller attacks I simply ignore. With the heavier attacks, I instinctively put these four steps into action. 

And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.