Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Making Corrections

Posted by a friend on Bookface:

If I am wrong and you are my brother or sister in Christ, please, by all means, correct me. If you do choose to correct me, please be sure to do so by showing me my error in the Scripture. In the event that you cannot produce the proper scripture, or your argument is, at best, shaky, I regret to inform you that you are not correcting me, but you are simply stating your opinion. If you attempt to "correct" me, not by stating solid Scripture but by twisting and deforming Scripture in an attempt to persuade me to accept your view, I regret to inform you that you are, in fact, a wolf, and a liar. If you wish to point your finger at me in judgement for refusing to accept your opinion as the Word of God itself, I regret to inform you that you are little more than a Pharisee. I'm more than open to discussing Scripture, and I'm open to looking at Scripture through another's perspective and hearing wise counsel, but if all you're offering is a shaky opinion and you choose to judge me for rejecting it, you're little more than a pretender and we no longer have anything to discuss. Under no circumstances should one play an apostle's part while holding within themselves a Pharisee's heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.