Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Lemonade Stand

Some people, when describing their luck in life, use the phrase: "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all."

Upon observing my personal luck being orders of magnitudes worse than even that, my brother nicknamed me "Lemonade Stand" when I was in high school. The logic goes like this:
1. "If life hands you lemons, then make lemonade!"
2. Well, you've been handed so many lemons, you've got the whole lemonade stand!

Hence this new entry in the blog.


First up - just a few weeks ago, I replaced a couple of leaky faucets in the house. This, I've done before. But a few weeks ago, we got the opportunity for lemonade!

The new faucet in the kitchen broke within a week! Sadly, I didn't have the box or receipt, as I've never seen this happen before. Fortunately, the retailer allowed me to return it as hey had logged the purchase and I could identify it. A new faucet, and I was set.

Except the new one broke within moments of installation!

Again, I take it back. I get a replacent. This one has worked for three plus weeks now. And yes, I still have the receipt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.