Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Doing What?

This past week, I took my family to the Kennedy Space Center, in Cape Canaveral, FL. The Space Center was fantastic. It had all sorts of information and really interesting exhibits.

At one point, we were watching some documentary film about the launching of the Apollo Moon missions. The film LED in with images of the 1960's in America. Not only of the space program, but of some of the other events of the period - including the marches for "women's rights."

It was not lost on me or my family that while women in the 1960's were marching for women's rights (which they already had), men were busy putting other men on the moon. My son said that it reminded him of the #feminists of today - totally irrelevant, and marching for rights they already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.