Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Marksmanship Test

Recently, I came across  this link. Regardless your feelings on "militias," the marksmanship standards are decent. So, I decided to see if I was up to the task.

Course of Fire
50 yards
Three magazines, each prepped with 5 rounds. (15 rounds, total)
Standing: 5 rounds / kneeling: 5 rounds / prone: 5 rounds. Mag changes between positions.
Time: 45 seconds or less.
Target: 8.5 x 11 paper.

Scoring
Hit = 3 points.
25 - 34 points = Marksman
35 - 39 points = Sharpshooter
40 - 45 points = Expert

Equipment
My SPR.
Federal American Eagle 55-grain ammo.
No sling, no bipod, no rucksack.

I used my phone as a timer. I started the timer, set the phone aside to shoot, then picked the phone back up to turn the timer off. Total time was 39 seconds, so no time - reduction techniques were needed.

Result
As you can see from the photo, I scored a perfect 45 points. 7 shots hit the 10-ring of this target: all five from prone, and two from kneeling. The final three shots from kneeling were shot in extreme pain, else they would have been in the 10-ring also.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.