Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christians & Guns

Luke 22:36 - HCSB
Then He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money-bag should take it, and also a traveling bag. And whoever doesn’t have a sword should sell his robe and buy one.


Recently, Dr. Jerry Falwell, Jr. openly encouraged students at Liberty University to get concealed carry permits and carry.

Recently, John Piper openly discouraged the carry of guns in church.

If you've read this blog even once before, you know how I feel... both about guns, as well as Piper. And if you haven't read this blog before, first - let me say welcome and thank you for reading, second - look at the opening Bible quote and guess which way I'm going with this.

It seems I disagree with Piper on, well, the whole Bible, and now on guns, too. Not surprising. And when he endorses Hillary or Bernie for president, we will add to the list.

For the record, I legally carry everywhere I go. If I cannot legally carry, then I don't go there. I legally carry at church. My pastor, the church staff, and the Elders know I carry. It is with their collective blessing, as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.