Friday, October 9, 2015

Great Honor

A couple of weeks ago, I conducted a belt test at my martial arts studio. 14 people were deservingly awarded new rank. My karate instructor,  John Suarez, came down to be part of the Shinza (examination board) for this jiu-jitsu examination. Afterwards, I treated everyone to lunch at the  Greek Deli as a celebration.

When he got back home, Mr. Suarez penned this letter to me via Facebook. It was an honor to receive, and I wish to preserve it here:

I want to thank you very much for having Sensei Menard and I on your Shinza board and lunch afterward. Your family-based school is wholesome, fresh, and united. Your students show confidence, determination, great spirit, and their level of proficiency is outstanding. Above all, your students and their families are having fun, which can only be achieved with a compassionate, dedicated, and above all, knowledgeable chief instructor.

I am very proud of what you have accomplished in the last 30 years, that 10 year old young man that walked into my school a generation ago has transformed into a world class martial arts professional teacher, but most importantly an innovative leader. Your past experiences as President of AMAR round out your prerequisites for achieving your rank in WKRBR.

Your martial arts father,
John Suarez


Thank you, sir. It was an honor to have you down for the promotion ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.