Friday, March 13, 2015

Favorite Ammo 2

Went shooting with my son today. He put 150 rounds of M855 through his M4.

I got to test several other types of ammo in my new SPR build: Winchester match 69 gr., Hornady Super performance Match 75gr.  5.56, Hornady Match 75 gr., Federal Premium 77 gr., Nosler Custom Match 77 gr., and Fiocchi 77 gr. Matchking HPBT.

The Nosler matched the performance of the Federal Premium 69-gr. that I shot the other day. All others were not quite on the same level. None of them were over 2 MOA, but only the Nosler and Federal Premium 69-gr. were sub-MOA.

Interestingly, they both shot to the same point of impact (POI) as M193 clone ammo using my ACOG. That's good news, as they both should follow the BDC fairly closely according to published data. Either round should buck the wind much better than the lightweight 55-grain M193.

Given that price was the same ($19.99 per box of 20 rounds), I may stock up on the Federal Premium due to availability. I can find it at most Academy Sports stores in Tennessee, whereas the Nosler has only been found in a sporting goods store in Chattanooga.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.