Thursday, November 6, 2014

Election Results

Yes, I know it's a full two days after the election.
Yes, I know you are sick of the analysis.

This is just for fun, To show how my predictions held up. Thoughts will come later (unless there is something glaring now).

Governor
I voted for Shaun Crowell.
Prediction: Haslam with approximately 60%+ of the vote.

Outcome: Haslam by ~70%

US Senate
I voted for Joshua James (Libertarian) for Senate.
Prediction: Lamar! wins this one with a high-50's percentage (57%-58%).

Outcome: Lamar! by ~62%

US Congress
I voted for Mike Winton for Congress.
Prediction: Black wins with ~60% of the vote.

Outcome: Black by ~71%

State Senate
I voted for incumbent Mae Beavers.
Prediction: Beavers wins with ~70% of the vote.

Outcome: Beavers by ~100%

State House
I wrote in a name for State Representative.
Prediction: Susan Lynn wins with about 60% of the vote.

Outcome: Lynn by ~77%

City Council
I voted for my friend, James Maness, who did everything he said he would in his initial term .
Maness ran unopposed.
Prediction: James Maness with 80%+ of the vote. He might even reach the high 90's.

Outcome: Maness wins with ~100%

Wine referendum 
I voted to allow.
Prediction: I think the referendum passes with a vote of about 60%.

Outcome: Wine is allowed by ~76%

Amendment 1
I voted Yes.
Prediction: Amendment passes with a vote of 55% - 57%.
Outcome: Amendment passes ~53%

Amendment 2
I voted No.
Prediction: I think the amendment will pass (Yes vote) with 51% - 53% of the vote. I do not think that many voters will vote for it, however (draw your own conclusions as to what I'm suggesting).

Outcome: Amendment passes ~61%

Amendment 3
I voted Yes.
Prediction: this amendment passes with over 60% of the vote.
Outcome: Amendment passes ~66%

Amendment 4
I voted Yes.
Prediction: The amendment passes with a vote margin of 55%-57%.

Outcome:  Amendment passes ~70%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.