Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sigma As F%&*

Employee is interviewing for a promotion via telephone. Boss is on the Phone. VP (boss' boss) is on the phone, trying to close the deal.


Employee: "I'm just not sure if I want this promotion. I'd have to move, and the job could be performed just as well from my current location."

VP: "We will offer you $15K more, plus a company car, plus relocation. What's more, you can take 6 months to move here."

silence... 

Employee: (pretending to mull it over) "Fair. OK, I will discuss this with my wife, to see if she has additional input that I might wish to consider, and I will get back with you in 48 hours with my answer."

VP (trying to alpha-up): "What else is there to consider? Your boss made the initial offer a week ago. You should tell us by the end of the day or we will pick someone else."

Employee: (laughter) "You've got to be kidding me! Only a great fool would want to promote someone into a position where good judgment will be required, only to mandate that the person make a decision spur-of-the-moment. I'll get back to you in 48 hours... and go."


Sigma

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.