Thursday, October 30, 2014

Challenge Accepted

A restaurant in the Chattanooga area, Mountain City Cafe, offers a rare challenge. If you order and eat (within 45 minutes) their Mountain City Burger, you win a free t-shirt, and your challenge meal is free. The challenge meal is $25 if you do not finish, or receive help.

The Mountain City Burger consists of 3 half-pound beef hamburger patties, two quarter-pound hot dogs, six thick slices of bacon, regular hamburger trimmings, and a plate of chili-cheese fries.



At one point, about a half-dozen people had attempted the $25 entree, only to fail to eat the entire thing, much less eat it within the 45-minute time frame.

Then my brother came along. 

He took the challenge and beat it in 22 minutes.
Here's the write-up:


Not being one to sit quietly by and leave a challenge unattended, on my most recent trip to Chattanooga, I, too, took the challenge. In preparation, I did not eat for 24 hours before the challenge. To be fair, I did not eat for 33 hours after the challenge, either.


To date, my brother and I are the only people who have the free t-shirt.

my shirt




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.