Saturday, August 9, 2014

State Constitution

Great blog post by Lefty this morning got me thinking. Got me thinking a lot. So much, I might even make a couple of posts on this.

On the ballot this November: four amendments to the state Constitution.

1. Inserts constitutional language empowering the legislature to enact, amend or repeal statues regarding abortion.
I am in favor of this.
Vote YES on one.

2. Empowers the governor to appoint judges subject to confirmation by the general assembly.
Those in power should be elected, never appointed.
I am adamantly against this.
Vote NO on two.

3. Prohibits the legislature from levying or permitting any tax upon payroll or earned personal income.
No income tax. Not now. Not ever.
Vote YES on three.

4. Empowers the legislature to permit lotteries for events that benefit 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) organizations.
Normally, I'd not endorse a lottery. Voted against making it legal last time around. However, since it is already legal - specifically for 501 (c)(3) organizations - passage of this one will bring things up to par for 501 (c)(19) organizations.
In the end, it really doesn't matter, but in the interest of fairness, I'll vote YES on four.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.