Monday, June 9, 2014

Praise Where Due

I am thankful for my job.

Between January of 2013 and April of 2014, we had the following *unexpected* expenses:

New roof - deductible = $2000
New water heater = $1200
Car repairs = $2500
New HVAC unit = $5100
Medical bills for the kids = $2400
New refrigerator = $900

Despite all that, our bank account actually had $1000 more in it in April of 2014 than it had in January of 2013. And we hadn't even received our tax refund yet at that point, either!


Make no mistake, I work hard at my job. I am a top performer (not all my counterparts earn the same as I do). But I also enjoy the work I do. I'd even stay on if I won the lottery tomorrow.
But, also make no mistake in this: as a matter of historical fact, in 17 years in the sales profession, I've out-earned my immediate supervisors more often than not.

So I offer thanks to God above for equipping me with the skills and opportunities. I also offer thanks to my employer for letting me make a lot of money for them.


,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.