Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Make Up Your Mind

When I was a boy, my brother and I had a friend named Daniel*. Daniel was a decent kid, except he had a penchant for lying. For example, one time, Daniel told us that his father had built a marble launcher out of PVC pipe and they used a Black Cat firecracker to launch the marble over 100 yards. As much as the idea was cool, for some reason, we were never able to duplicate that feat... or even come close. I think we got 35-40 feet out of it once.

Daniel would often tell a different lie about the same thing at different times. So bad was the habit of lying, that my brother and I would chide Daniel, saying he should make up his mind what he was going to lie about, and then tell us the lie.


*Name changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.