Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Top Lies of the Loser:



Found this, unattributed, on FB:


Some common excuses:
I'll be back soon coach.

(Also - my child will be back soon)
 

Not making excuses, but I'm not feeling good this week. I just wanted to call and tell you, I'm not a quitter.
(When they call or post, they are that guy.)

I can't afford it right now. 

(Meaning: I got to go clubbing or partying, because I really have other priorities.)

I am just going to take a break. 

(Meaning: I like this, but it isn't a priority. I want to try out other things, but keep this as a backup. This mindset sucks when people use it with a boyfriend/girlfriend, and is no better in the martial arts.)

I'm coming back, because I got fight coming up. 
(These types train for a decade. But never every week for even one year. Condensed actual time, two months for ten years of excuses.)

Then the lovers. One can't come if his boy toy doesn't come too.


Coach, you mean I don't know all of this after all this time? 

(Well.... If I just showed you something you didn't know, do I really need to respond at all?)


Some simple statements that also ring true:
Either train or don't. 
There is no try. 
Don't just come in when you want to fight soon. 
Let's be honest here, you suck on the mat, and should, because you don't train regularly. 
You lift weights and know very little wrestling.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.