Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fun Day

Several months ago, I had a really fun day. Here's how it happened:

My daughter's best friend in the whole world is Nicole. I was told that at Nicole's school, there would be a "daddy-daughter" doughnut day (or daddy-son, depending on the child, of course). Nicole's father is not in the picture. Nicole's guardian asked me if I would mind stepping in for the day.

Of course! I'd be happy to!

So a few weeks later, the event came and went. It was a fun hour in the kindergarten class. They sang a few little songs, danced a little dance, and had an info sheet and a paper neck tie the kids had made during craft time the day before. I wore the tie, watched the songs and dance, and we all had a doughnut.

The funniest thing to me was the worksheet. Nicole knows me from Taekwondo, as well as a few times from social functions as my wife and her guardian are close friends. But I am not her daddy. So some of the answers on the sheet were totally hilarious:

Here is the sheet:
- At the time of this event, I was 37, not 30. lol
- I have blue eyes, not black. Nicole was referring to my pupils, though. lol
- My favorite color is green. Nicole had never asked me that question. lol
- I do enjoy pizza (though I do not eat it often), and I dislike dirt. Those are totally correct.
- I do work when I'm at work, and I enjoy playing with my kids at home, so again, she got it right!
- Of course Nicole's favorite time with me is at Taekwondo (listed as "Karate") because that's the only time she really sees me!  lol
- Nicole does not like it when I "push her up" - that is 5-year-old speak for making her do pushups. That's what I make her do when she is out of line in the Taekwondo lobby.
- I do tell her to be good, and she knows I want my Blackberry back. more funny stuff!


I thought it was sweet. What do you think?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.