Thursday, January 3, 2013

Count the Ways 2

I mentioned a few days ago that there is a movement afoot that would ban a multitude of guns. So, let's take my favorite rifle, and count the number of proposed "evil features!" I will post a picture of my rifle, useful for competition shooting, hunting, plinking (recreational shooting), fighting against government tyranny, personal protection, and many other legal activities. Then, we will list the evil features proposed by the ban, and see how many my rifle has in its possession.

Here is the catch for today - this rifle is over 50 years old! The technology is 80 years old. Any person who can pass an NICS background check can purchase one from the CMP!

Without further ado, let us commence with the liberal's pants-wetting!

My M1 Garand:



Evil features:
- Pistol grip (nope)
- Bayonet mount (check)
- Flash suppressor (nope)
- Threaded muzzle to accept a flash suppressor (nope)
- Attachment point for grenade launcher (check)
- Rocket launcher attachment point (nope)
- Detachable magazine (nope)
- Forward grip (nope)
- Folding or telescoping stock (nope)


But, pictured, the rifle has 56 rounds of ammo with it. That is "too much!" by some liberal standards.


.

2 comments:

  1. Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, PING!

    You have to love a gun that punctuates the end of a sentence.

    -ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie,

      Thank you for reading. I absolutely love a gun that punctuates the end of the sentence. My son likes it when I single load the M1 so he can hear the ping each time.

      BTW - did you forget a "Bang?"
      :)

      Delete

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.