Sunday, January 20, 2013

Celebrity Pastor

That's the nickname of a man I once met - but he is no celebrity, and he is worthless as a pastor. The nickname was given him by the wife of an acquaintance. I thought it was a great description.

Of course, my last conversation with him, he opened with a bald-faced lie. It was so very brazen because he opened with it, with the presumption that it was true, and all the while basing his entire point on the premise. It was also brazen because I had in front of me hard evidence to the contrary.


Here's a hint for young pastors and wannabe-pastors out there:
Avoid opening with obvious lies. It diminishes any credibility from the outset.

(Oh, and don't be a Calvinist)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be displayed after approval.
Approval depends on what you say and how you say it.